1137 Old Hwy 117, Baysville, Ontario
Located at 1137 Old Hwy 117, also known as the Ferguson Estate and before that the former Wawa Hotel, this Lake of Bays property is known as one of the crown jewels of Muskoka!
- 1,260 feet of prime westerly facing waterfront, with over 300 feet of hardpacked sand beach.
- 3,600 square feet – 5 slip Boathouse, with over 5,000 square feet of total coverage.
- 4,700 square foot Historic Fours Season Home, with 5 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms.
- Over 10 acres of property with unique and historic planning entitlements.
- 1,200 square foot – 2 Bedroom Guest / Staff House.
- Updated infrastructure and features such an indoor endless lap pool.
- Close proximity to the Lake of Bays Sailing, Tennis and Bigwin Golf Clubs.
This premium Lake of Bays property is known as one of the crown jewels of Muskoka! The site has a rich history as the site of the former Wawa Hotel with an impressive ownership history that dates to Bigwin Island’s C.O Shaw. The current cottage, a 4, 700-sf iconic 4-Season Home, with 5 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms is reminiscent of the Wawa Hotel in its architectural plan and of Bigwin’s Tea House in its elaborate masonry. The building, designed around a large centre module with cathedral ceilings and huge stone fireplace. At the front of the module is a verandah overlooking the beach and at either side was a large wing where bedrooms, bathrooms and servants’ quarters were located. Since 1989, the property was owned Graeme and Phyllis Ferguson who maintained the original character of the cottage, including one of the original gazebo’s from the Wawa Hotel that remains at the north point. The 7-acre property features 1, 260 feet of prime westerly facing waterfront, with over 300 ft of hardpacked sand beach. Property also includes a boaters dream, with a 3, 600 sf – 5 slip Boathouse, with over 5, 000 sf of total coverage. The boat house is currently home to 3 antique boats that are being sold separately (Contact Listing Broker Direct for Additional Detail). The property has many other features, such as a 1, 200 sf – 2 Bedroom guest / staff, and indoor “endless” swimming pool and back up power for the entire complex. Not only is it located in close proximity to the Lake of Bays Sailing, Tennis and Bigwin Golf Clubs, the property maintains a Waterfront Resort Commercial (WRC) planning designation, which creates many use opportunities, such as Family Compound, Corporate Retreat, Bed & Breakfast or Boutique Hotel.
David Smith, Broker
Chestnut Park Real Estate Limited, Brokerage
Direct: +1 416 201 1071
Office: +1 705 645 1537
1137 Old Hwy 117, Lake of Bays, ON